How to wash sweater? Winter sweaters are suitable to be washed once a week or every two weeks, and can be hand-washed or machine-washed; unless there are special circumstances, it is generally recommended to wash the sweaters by hand. Lightly pressing and washing will cause the least damage to the sweater. If it is expensive sweater such as cashmere sweater, it is recommended to take it to a dry-cleaning store.
How to Wash Sweater:Hand Wash
How to hand wash sweaters? The best way to clean sweaters is dry cleaning. If there is a hand washing mark, it means that the sweater can be cleaned with warm water of up to 40 ℃ and special detergent. The specific methods are as follows:
(1) Turn the inner layer of the sweater out and soak it in warm water with sufficient detergent for 5 minutes. Wash with detergent, water or softener. You can also use conditioner or shower gel to wash the sweater so that the sweater can be neither soft nor hard. It can also protect the sweater.
(2) Squeeze the sweater slowly until it is wet. Press it gently to remove the dirt. Do not rub it.
(3) First use warm water, then wash with cold water and rinse. When washing, add vinegar to warm water to prevent clothes from becoming stale.
(4) The washed sweater can be covered with a dry towel and rolled up together to absorb the excess moisture from the sweater by the towel. Don’t wring the sweater dry after hand washing, you can press dry.
(5) When drying, put the clothes flat to 80% dry, then wrap the sleeves with net bags and hang them on the bamboo pole to dry. It can be hung on a special hanger for sweaters, folded from the sweater arm and dried with a hanger. It can also be spread out in the drying basket.
(6) When the sweater is dry to 90%, it can be ironed and shaped by steam, and then it can be worn or collected after drying.
How to Wash Sweater:Machine Wash
Put the sweater into the laundry bag, and then put it in the washing machine for washing. Please select special sweater or mild washing mode. The sweater should avoid dehydration with a dehydrator, if necessary, it should be limited to 30 seconds to 1 minute. If you just use a washing machine to spin water, it is best to wrap the sweater with a cloth and put it in the spinner.
How to Wash Sweater:Dry Cleaning
If your sweater is very expensive, and the label says “to dry clean”, then send it to the dry cleaner(dry-cleaning store), which is convenient and easy.
Tips on How to Wash Sweaters:
- Generally speaking, sweaters can be washed with the gentle washing machine;
- A good sweater is better to wash by hand, but it can’t be rubbed by hand. It can only be pressed and washed with special detergent;
- For those washed by washing machine, it is better to inject softener into the last rinse;
4. Before washing the sweater, the dust on the sweater should be patted off, the sweater should be soaked in cold water for 10-20 minutes, and then taken out to dry the water;
5. Wash sweater gently in detergent solution or soap solution, then rinse sweater with water. In order to ensure the color of wool, 2% acetic acid can be dropped into water (vinegar can also be used) to neutralize the soap left in the sweater;
6. After washing, squeeze out the moisture in the sweater, block it and put it into the net pocket. Hang the sweater in a ventilated place to dry. Do not twist or expose the sweater;
7. Dry cleaners use tea to wash sweaters (threads), which can not only remove the dust on sweaters but also make the wool not fade and prolong the service life.