Why do sweaters pill? How to prevent sweaters from pilling? If sweaters pilling occurs, how to remove it? What is pilling on clothing?
In the process of wool yarn processing and the wearing of sweaters, the wool fibers in the wool yarn are easily hooked out to form a loop or a single-head detached shape under the action of various external forces such as friction and tension. After repeated friction, the wool fibers are tangled together to form a spherical shape. So long-wear sweaters are easy to get pilling. Of course, some new sweaters are easier to get pilling because of their texture.
How to Prevent Sweaters From Pilling in Daily Life?
Therefore, we must take care of sweaters carefully. In daily life, it is necessary to prevent the sweater from pilling.
- Since we know that as the number of frictions increases, the sweaters are prone to pilling, we usually pay attention to the matching of jackets and linings when we wear sweaters. It is best to choose clothes with smoother fabrics to match sweaters, so as to reduce friction between clothes.
2. It is recommended to use neutral detergent. General alkaline detergents (ordinary washing powder, soap, etc.) will destroy the fibers of cotton clothes. Therefore, the use of softer and stronger neutral detergents (such as laundry detergent) will protect sweaters as much as possible and reduce pilling of cotton clothes.
3. Some sweaters are mostly blended wool and acrylic, or blended wool and viscose. Acrylic fiber is easy to have pilling, viscose fiber is easy to be static and easy to have pilling. The wool will also have a slight pilling, while the mercerized wool will not.
3 Methods to Help You Remove Pilling
Now we know how to prevent sweaters from pilling. How to solve the problem of sweater pilling?The following tips will help you remove the pilling.
- Use scotch tape or roller sticking device to stick the pilling off. This method is a bit laborious and requires patience.
2. Buy two new cleaning sponges for washing dishes (don’t use the ones used in the kitchen). It is best to choose a harder one. Face the bulge of the cleaning sponge against the sweater and just slide it over.
3. Buy a professional sweater pilling trimmer, which can effectively remove the pilling on the surface of clothing. This method is the most common method. Also pay attention to the placement of sweaters during use. Because the knife head of the sweater trimmer rotates fast, when cleaning the pilling part of the sweater, the sweater should be placed on a flat surface, and the wrinkles should be stretched before trimming.