How to wash stinky gym clothes? Pay attention to the correct washing methods when washing stinky gym clothes, otherwise, the whole clothes will be destroyed by carelessness. The following are the cleaning methods for stinky workout clothes of various fabrics from a fitness apparel manufacturer‘s view:
How to Wash Stinky Gym Clothes: Cotton
- Hand wash in cold water. It is recommended to wash cotton stinky gym clothes in a washing machine with a laundry bag.
- Cotton clothes should not be soaked.
- Do not use strong detergent,
- Do not expose to the sun. Cotton padded clothes are suitable for drying in the shade. It is recommended to fold and air dry
How to Wash Stinky Gym Clothes: Hemp
1. The washing method of hemp is basically the same as that of cotton fabric washing;
2. When washing hemp, it should be gentler than cotton fabric. Avoid scrubbing hard, scrubbing hard, and twisting hard.
How to Wash Stinky Gym Clothes: Wool
1. Gym or fitness apparel made of wool is not alkali resistant, so neutral detergent should be selected, and it is better to use wool special detergent.
2. Soak in cold water for a short time, and the washing temperature should not exceed 40 ℃.
3. Use extrusion washing, avoid wringing; squeeze to remove water.
4. Dry evenly in the shade or hang in half. Do not expose to the sun.
5. Do not use wave wheel washing machine for machine washing. It is recommended to use drum washing machine first, and light washing gear should be selected.
6. Never wash with washboard.
How to Wash Stinky Gym Clothes: Silk
1. Avoid alkaline detergent and choose neutral or special silk detergent.
2. Wash in cold or warm water; do not soak for a long time
3. Wash gently; avoid twisting; avoid hard board scrubbing
4. Should be dry in the shade; avoid the sun; avoid using a drying apparatus.
5. Avoid twisting.
How to Wash Stinky Gym Clothes: Polyester
1. It can be washed with various washing powder and soap
2. The washing temperature should be below 45 degrees Celsius
3. Machine wash, hand wash and dry clean
4. Do not expose to the sun and avoid using a drying apparatus.
How to Wash Stinky Gym Clothes: Nylon
1. Choose general synthetic detergent, water temperature should not exceed 45 degrees
2. It can be twisted lightly; avoid exposure to the sun and using a drying apparatus
3. Low temperature steam ironing
4. Ventilate and dry in the shade after washing
5. Ironing temperature should not exceed 110 ℃
Tips on How to Wash Stinky Workout Clothing：
- Wash in time!
After the exercise, the stinky gym clothes should be placed in a ventilated basket instead of a plastic bag to let the sweat evaporate as soon as possible.
2. How to solve the problem of clothes stinking
Soak clothes with disinfectant (compression clothing and other high-tech fabrics are not applicable, use mild and neutral detergent), mix 15ml with 3L water, soak in cold water for 15min, and then machine wash.
3.Pay attention to check before washing
The sundries, keys, coins, etc. in the pocket should be cleaned out. Most gym clothes can be washed by washing machine, and the requirements for washing temperature are relatively broad. However, if the label says “hand wash,” do not use the washing machine. Also check the instructions before washing, don’t damage the clothes.
4.Pay attention to the application of detergent
Many high-tech gym clothes indicate that disinfectants and softeners cannot be used, because the “additional” in the detergent may penetrate into the fibers, harden the fibers, and destroy their sweat absorption and deodorization capabilities. Of course, you can buy a special detergent for sports clothes for washing.
Do not use softeners for sportswear containing wool, because they will form a layer of material on the wool and weaken its deodorizing and dehumidifying capabilities. There are many laundry detergents on the market that specialize in washing high-tech fabrics, which can be studied.
5.Do not machine wash sports shoes
For most traditional shoes, the dirt is washed away and the elasticity of the shoes is also washed away when they are turned in the washing machine. This is because the midsole of the shoe is soaked in water for more than a certain period of time, which will rupture the cell wall of the cushioning foam and make the sole hard.
In terms of drying, it is best to air dry without seeing the sun and dry slowly.