What Is Cold Fabric?
Cold fabric refers to a kind of knitted apparel fabric, which is made of 70% viscose filament and 30% nylon yarn by cross and twist. After weaving and wet heat treatment, it has thermoplasticity. The nylon component shrinks sharply, the viscose is fully exposed on the surface, the inside is hydrophobic, and the outside is hydrophilic.
It is called cold fabric because it is breathable and cool with excellent water absorption, and its fabric surface is not as rough as linen. Therefore, the cold fabric is very comfortable even if it is worn next to the body, and will not cause adverse reactions such as skin allergies.
This kind of textile fabrics are mostly used for light and thin women’s fashions with good hand feeling and different style requirements. Therefore, soft finishing agents are usually used for treatment to obtain smooth, soft, elastic and hydrophilic properties. At the same time, in order to make the fabric have good dimensional stability, a resin finishing agent can be appropriately added to improve the feel of the viscose and help to resist wrinkles.
Features of Cold Fabric
1. Strong moisture absorption, comfortable to wear: especially close to the body, no irritation.
2. Fastness and elasticity: After processing, the fabric (especially thin clothing) is very smooth and elegant inside and out, suitable for summer wear.
3. The color of the dyed material is bright and natural: no matter what kind of light source, there is no flash or aurora.
4. Wrinkle resistance: After being treated with an excellent anti-wrinkle smoothing agent, it will not produce creases when dry after washing.
5. Because the raw materials of cold fabric are viscose and nylon yarn, it will also have some characteristics of viscose and nylon. For example, cold fabric will have better wear resistance. At the same time, the fabric is washable, and the washing method is similar to that of other clothes, so the maintenance and care are not complicated.
Price of Cold Fabric
The price of this fabric is not high. In China, the price of this fabric sold in wholesale markets is generally between 20 yuan and 50 yuan per square meter.