Can shapewear help you lose weight? Body shaping clothing is used to shape the beautiful curve of clothing, but it can not play the effect of weight loss. If you want to lose weight, you have to control your diet or exercise to lose weight. Since body shaping clothing is to shape the body, if it is combined with exercise to lose weight, will the effect be very good? Now let’s see if you can lose weight by wearing body shapewear.
Can Shapewear Help You Lose Weight?
Exercise itself can help lose weight, if you wear shapewear, it will also have the effect of weight loss. However, simply wearing shapewear does not have the effect of losing weight, so women who want to lose weight should not think that shapewear is a weight loss clothing and can be worn blindly.The reason why body shaping clothes can’t lose weight is as follows:
Shapewear uses the principles of fluidity of fat to shape a beautiful figure for women. At the same time, after you put on the shapewear, you will be constrained to appetite. The restraint of the waist can make you not eat a lot of food every meal, so it will achieve a certain weight loss effect. The main function of shapewear is to shape, and it is not scientific to lose weight by wearing shapewear. Shapewear is not suitable for long time wear, otherwise it may cause a series of diseases. So, don’t use shapewear as a weight loss weapon, it’s just shaping and perfecting your figure.
Will Shapewear Affect Health?
In order to have a perfect curve, many women like to wear shapewear. As everyone knows, wearing tight underwear or shapewear may cause cervical spondylosis and bring great hidden dangers to health. Therefore, orthopedic experts recommend wearing shapewear with caution.
Medical experts pointed out that long-term wear of body-shaping underwear can cause breathing difficulties, headaches, chest tightness, and lower limb soreness, which can lead to many hidden diseases. If the body shaper is too tight, it will also affect blood circulation, cause insufficient blood supply to the body, and compress the kidney, spleen, liver, stomach, intestines and other organs in the abdominal cavity. The internal organs and nervous system will be in a state of tension for a long time, leading to gastrointestinal digestion.
Frequent wearing of shapewear can cause harm to the human body. Because tight underwear accumulates vaginal secretions, it is easy to cause gynecological diseases.
Hazards of Wearing Shapewear For Exercise
1. Affect Blood Circulation
Can shapewear help you lose weight? No! In the process of exercise, the muscles of the human body have a great demand for blood and oxygen. Because wearing a body-sculpting garment causes pressure on the muscles, it will affect the flow of blood and oxygen supply, resulting in breathing difficulties, chest tightness, and even the risk of fainting during exercise.
2. Affect Sweat Emission
Can shapewear help you lose weight? No! When exercising, the human body will excrete a lot of sweat. When the body is tightly wrapped, the sweat on the skin can not be distributed in time. The parts wrapped by body shaping clothes will also become the breeding base of fungi, and a large number of bacteria will grow, which will easily lead to skin redness, pruritus and other problems. If the private part is infected by bacteria, there will be inflammation of the genitourinary system, which is extremely harmful to health.
3. Cause Lower Extremity Edema
Can shapewear help you lose weight? No! When wearing body shaping clothes, muscles and viscera are over compressed, resulting in blood circulation and muscle activity affected. In addition to make people feel poor breathing, but also easily lead to lower extremity venous blood flow obstruction, lower extremity edema, varicose veins and other symptoms.
4. Increase The Burden on The Heart
Can shapewear help you lose weight? No! During exercise, the amount of heart blood increases, and the heart needs to double work to avoid vascular resistance caused by compression, so as to better transport blood to the whole body and ensure the body’s need for blood oxygen. If the body is pressed by the body shaping clothes, it will increase the burden on the heart, affect the cardiopulmonary function, and easily lead to chest tightness, chest pain, dizziness, nausea, and dyspnea.
Hazards of Wearing Shapewear For A Long Time
- Can shapewear help you lose weight? No! Long-term tight-fitting girdle will squeeze waist fat, hinder waist blood circulation, easily lead to chronic lumbar muscle strain, and pressure the gastrointestinal tract to affect blood oxygen supply and normal peristalsis, resulting in loss of appetite and indigestion.
2. Can shapewear help you lose weight? No! Young women wearing shapewear for a long time will put a certain pressure on the pelvic reproductive system, directly affect the blood circulation system, and lead to poor pelvic blood circulation. For women who have not given birth, poor pelvic blood circulation can cause pelvic congestion, uterine dysplasia and other diseases, and severe cases can also cause infertility.
3. Can shapewear help you lose weight? No! Wearing shapewear for a long time can cause gynecological diseases, because tight underwear can accumulate secretions in the female genitals. Secretions cannot be dissipated in a humid environment and will stimulate the vulva and cause vulvitis. Moreover, if the shapewear is too tight, the skin inside the thighs is easy to wear, causing dermatitis and bacterial infections. Retrograde infection can induce vaginitis, pelvic inflammatory disease and other diseases, which can lead to infertility.
Therefore, experts suggest that women should choose suitable underwear and avoid wearing shape-forming underwear for a long time.